Friday, September 16, 2011

Colour Combos Galore #209

Welcome to another colour combo at Colour Combo's Galore! This week the colours were so rich and vibrant that I couldn't pass the opportunity to give it a go.

This week's Designer Challenge: Focus on Photos - Single Shots! This challenge is designed for you to use a single photo that features one person or object! Turn the focus on your subject this week!



Colour Combo.....
Footprints in the Sand..... I took inspiration from the photo frames in the picture.   The 'drips' are from a new CW template....swoon...!!!


A cute little spotty button from Purple Pumpkin too....


 I found the 'blushing melon' colour a little tricky to find. I had either a red red or it was too orange or pink...!!! So after a little mucking around I managed to get the colour of the frame looking pretty close. I used some red and orange paint mixed together first and then smeared some Wild Honey Tim Holtz Distress Ink over the top. The spritzed bit in the corners, happened by accident...don't you love those moments.  I gave the frame a few sprays with some White Studio Calico mist but because I had the Wild Honey Distress Ink over the paint....the white spray became a real gold colour...love it!!! Now was that clear as mud...lol!!

Love my little feathers too :)))

 
Would love for you to have a go at this colour combo. 
 
Thanks again for visiting and leaving me the most loveliest comments...I really appreciate it :))
xx

21 comments:

  1. Min - I sooo love this layout! You rocked every detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always Min your clustering is just stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Min, what a unique gorgeous design again! This is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful Min, I just love it. The colours are gorgeous, the frame looks stunning and the feathers give everything a soft feel. Cheers have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frame is stunning!!!! Love your clustering as always - gorgeous layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour combo & I love how you've used it Min, just beautiful!! I wish my accidents turned out as well as yours too... the frame looks fantastic. I'll have to give that a go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is STUNNING - love the frame and all the little embellies. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW !!!!! this is brilliant ! just love the splodges !! Ive been trying to get them, but everywhere is sold out already :( have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looooove it. From that title, to the paint, to the frame, to that super small but looks super big photo and the cluster. STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is awesome! Love, love, love what you've done! The paint and twine are the perfect touch for that fabulous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I love this...the clustering is simply gorgeous!!! Love the look of the template, may have to hunt that down ;) Love how you've used the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awsome LO Min!! Thanks heaps for visiting my little blog!! I have been looking through some of your older posts and WOW I am so inspired by you!! In particular how you are scrapping your mum's illness - I am in a similar situation with my mum and I love the idea of using the chapter book page under the pics with those beautiful rolled back pps. Would you mind if I used this idea for my little book I am making of my mum? Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!!! I so LOVE those drips...they are divine! Also love the beautiful frame, the beautiful embellie cluster and the fantastic LO design...

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome !!! I love what you have done with the frame and the contrast of the background with the brights is perfect ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Min! One of my favourites & I love that serendipitous golden corner on your chippie frame!! What do you mean the drips are from the Crafter's Workshop Template? Which one is that?? I've just go the chicken wire one - sweeon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooops that was an epic fail - meant to write SWOON - lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh Min this one's utterly beautiful too! sure do love them feathers and that frame, awesome! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so stunning, love the little pic and that adorable frame and feathers can never have too many of those, you did an amazing job on this one, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. wowza....super stunning LO, Min. I love the little spritzed accident...just adds that little extra detail to admire :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your drips are the BEST! You are sooo clever. ZOWIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG this is drop dead gorgeous, I absolutely love the paint dripping the frmae and the feathers wow wow wow wow wow.....
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete