Thursday, October 20, 2011

A big catch up...!!

Hello everyone...

Remember me....lol!! I have been a really really SLACK blogger lately but all for good reasons.  The last two weeks saw me with another lot of visitors....and then when they left...we left town too..lol!! We headed away to this gorgeous place....Hervey Bay...a coastal town along the beautiful coast of Queensland to celebrate my Mum's 60th birthday with all my family.  Its was a long and I mean long 14hr+ round trip due to many major road works along the coast road but well worth the time and thankfully my boys are really good travellers...

We had such a beautiful time, swimming, long walks along the beach, coffees, long chats by the pool, breakfast out, fish and chips, seafood, shopping...just the usual relaxing things you do when you go away but this time it was really special...I was there with all my sisters (4 of them!), their partners and my parents.

Anyway, you are here for scrapping so I will share a few bits with you today....

Here is the card I made my mum :)) Now I am no card maker, but I do really love this one....



Running a little late with posting this one up but here is the latest sketch at Stuck Sketches?!.... if you love sketches and need a little challenge...try this one out...you won't be sorry!!

I have a love/hate relationship with circles...sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don't!...and unfortunately this time it wasn't really working for me...so if you struggle like I do with circles...just change it to a rectangle like I did....lol!!

Sketch:


Take Note....I think my journalling pretty much explains how I am feeling at the moment...it has just hit me recently that my eldest is off to Prep next year...so another reason why I am not around as much as I could be...I want to spend as much time as I can with him when he isn't at Kindy....I feel like I miss him already and it hasn't even started...sigh..!!


Lots of Prima goodness here...with a Tim Holtz metal clock...


and name plate....paper by Bo Bunny from the Ectra line..


A Lil' Somethin' butterflies and flag....


as well as their fabric ruler ribbon :))


Well off to do a catch up...thanks so much for visiting...your comments are very much appreciated :))
I promise I will be back VERY soon with some more scrappy shares!

Bye
xx

13 comments:

  1. my eldest is headed for prep too, I feel the same way, they are not babies any more.....I so love the sentiment behind this stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be with your family, I bet you had a ball in Hervey Bay, such a nice place....we are headed to Bagarra this weekend:):) Gorgeous layout as always and I am feeling so much like you atm.....it is amazing how much Cooper has grown up too this Kindy year, I put his uniforms on layby last week and it definately hit home!!!! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, he looks really grown up! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday and what a gorgeous card for your Mum. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. so nice to hear of your lovely getaway to see family.. this layout is fabulous.. and your card is really beautiful.. it looks like a posy of flowers in the corner.. gorgeous creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow !!!!! I don't know which one to look at first ... the card is spectacular and the LO is exquisite ... you have such a talent for that style and it suits boys or girls ...
    very amazing stuff .. love it all ... hugz x
    glad you had a great time celebrating ... we have been to that bay it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I surely missed you!!!! I am happy you had so much fun!!! Welcome back! I love how you handled the sketch so it could suit you!Beautiful and rich card!!! I can't wait to see your next piece of art!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page & card Min! LOVE them both :-)
    We love holidaying at Hervey Bay too, such a great place for families with younger kidlets.
    My youngest starts prep next year, he's my 3rd so it's a bit easier this time round. He'll be in a composite prep/1 class with his brother though so that will be very interesting... the poor teacher LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh My Min! what an awesome place that Hervey Bay! we have nooothing remotely close to it over here. Absolutely dreamy, as is the card! Love each and one of your layouts, always have! No comfort now, but I'm sure he'll love school and you'll soon get into the everyday drill. Meanwhile, hug him some extra! take care, mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Sounds like you have been having HEAPS of F.U.N!!
    Which always a good thing....
    I have to say I have missed you & your STUNNING CREATIONS......
    That Card for your Mum is Lovely &
    Well LOVE your Layout!!!
    Once they start School, Time seems to go even FASTER!! Sniff Sniff
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had an awesome, well deserved break with family, Min :) So happy for you.

    Gorgeous layouts, as always - you are just so inspiring chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Min my brother and his family have recently moved up to Queensland and Hervey Bay is one of their favourite places to visit. What a wonderful family time for you all. The card is gorgeous and the LO amazing (as usual!!) Hey you do great rectangles!! Looks amazing and always love the gorgeous embellies you add. Beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one gorgeous card!!! Bet your mum just loved it :-). A gorgeous page too, they grow up so quick don't they.
    Great to catch up for a chat last night :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete