Monday, September 10, 2012

Skissedilla Sketch #174

Hello to you all :)

Just quickly popping this up today as it closes very soon, running to time as per usual with things...lol! I am always keeping an eye on challenges here and there and this month I thought I would try out a new challenge (well new to me). 

The Skissedilla Sketch #174, caught my eye straight away...love the white space, love the butterflies, love the circle and love the freedom to create a cool background! Awesome sketch for the creative mood I was in last week.

 
 
I have two little boys who LOVE Dinosaurs, one more so than the other, so when their grandparents gave them a talking dinosaur each, they were over the moon excited!!!
 
The background paper is some older Glitz paper and the the diecut behind the photo is an older Basic Grey doiley just ripped up.  I was in the mood for something simple, not too much in the way for fussy embellishments...loved the colours and how this turned out.
 
"Talking Dinos"
 



Had a little fun with this background, its a combination of Shimmerz Blingz, Embossing Powders for more of a dramatic effect, and the green masking is using some PanPastels.


Okay I better be off and get some things done, won't be long and it will be school pick up time!
Thanks for visiting and I hope to visit you all very soon :))
 
Oh and THANKS A MILLION for all your special words you left me on my last layout..it meant to much to me to hear from you.
 
Hugs
Min xo

20 comments:

  1. I loved the look of this sketch too!! I just love your page, my new fav of yours ... I'm allowed to have heaps of favourites aren't I??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are into dinosaurs atm too, Imust do a layout, thanks so much for the awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sketch looks awesome! Love your layout - gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Min... This is FANTASTIC!! Love the colors!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember when my son loved dinosaurs too, there was not the array of toys like there is now! That sketch would have me in a daze as to what to do, what you have used it fabulously!! great photo great memories, and I love the back ground details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the colours and the gorgeous pic. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout Melinda, the layout is so nice, as is the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout Min. Love their sketches at skissedilla.
    Great job you've done with this one. Gorgeous background effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwwwwwwww!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the misted background, the colors, the layers!! Just WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your layout, absolutely fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome- love what you've done with the background behind your photo- gorgeous work :D,

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Georgius layout! Love your background and the colors, beautiful with the diecut and twine and so cute with the tekststripes :o)
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soo beautiful lo! Love the colors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so Beautiful and a perfect take on the sketch. Love the colours too.

    Hugs Maja

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sketch, I love your take on it, gorgeous background and pretty details as always.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun page!! Love all the different elements you combined here! Thanks for playing this week at Skissedilla!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty layout Min. Love what you did with the string!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love the colours Min and such a sweet pic. The string looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Military Challenge Coins
    WOW! What a superb post thank you very much for sharing and the picture which you post on the top of your blog is looking so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the mixture if medias. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete