Monday, March 9, 2015

Blue Fern Studios March Projects


Hi Everyone :)

Another new month so another lot of new projects which I am happy to share with you all!

This month I focused on the Love Story Collection papers.  Love how you can achieve so many looks from the one collection of papers.

Here are my projects.

For this layout of our adorable puppy, I have used papers from the Love Story Collection - The Grand Ball, Amazing Heart and Calling Cards.  My chipboard has been treated with Gesso first and highlighted with inks, mists and paints. I just kept adding until I was happy with the effect.

"Sweet Girl"


I love to layer up my chipboard as well to give lots of depth and texture to my project.  And using negative bits from the packs are awesome if you want to create a confetti look.





Paper Collection: Love Story
Chipboard: Garden Daisies - Large, Negatives from the Broken Rings set, Daisies Collage, Splattered Circles



My second project I was inspired by the richness of the papers in the Love Story Collection.  The photo in this layout is of my late Grandmother who has been gone 30 years last year.  I was only a 4 years old when she passed away and don't have any memories of her. I love that this photo is of her in her much loved rose garden and I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous floral pieces of chipboard to use in this layout.

"Forever in our Hearts"


The chipboard pieces are simply painted in some gold acrylic paint and then I randomly added some colour in different places for extra interest.





Paper Collection: Love Story
Chipboard Collection: Dresden Corsage, Gingers Poppies, Eclectic Hearts,


Thanks so much for stopping by today...happy crafting :)

Melinda


2 comments:

  1. Hi MIn, I hope you are all well!! These 2 layouts are so beautiful.. love the colors, all the flowers and the amazing back ground details.. the chipboard you have used looks wonderful.. I really love the rose chipboard and suits your photo perfectly.. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your layouts over on the Blue Fern blog and just had to tell you how beautiful they are! I loved the layout with your puppy - happy colors and happy puppy. And, the second layout with your grandmother is just gorgeous, colors, textures and flowers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete